- 100 gr. of Fresh basil.
- 50 gr. of Pine nuts.
- 40 gr. of Parmesan cheese. (grated)
- 40 gr. of Pecorino cheese. (grated)
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- 15 Cl. Extra vergin olive oil.
- Clean the basil (do not leave it in water too much otherwise it loses all the flavour and the taste).
- Grind the pinenuts and the garlic in a food processors.
- Grind the basil with some salt and the olive oil in a food processor.
- Mix the basil, the grinded pine nuts and garlic together with the cheeses.
Of course the best way to make pesto is grind and mix everything using a mortar (like shown in the picture on top) but the food processor is much faster and convenient. The only advice is to keep the bowl of the processor in the fridge till the moment you need it. The cold will preserve the beautiful green color of the leaves and the flavour of the preparation.